Sunday, August 06, 2006

Earth Phone 2



This weekend I had to change cell phones.

My old one broke its hinge several months ago,

and even though the super glue did really well,

after two years, it has worn out.

It's always traumatic, but this time,

the all-in-one-store painlessly transferred my data for me.

My new one has a radio, a calendar for my appointments,

a light for my camera, and

some neat timers

that allow me to use it as a radio alarm clock.

And of course, it has video.

Here is my first try.

(not here yet, and still not here and it seems,

will not be here for a while.

Even though the file plays on my computer,

and uploads to You Tube, there is no sound.

plus the HTML code mysteriously does not copy properly.

I think I will have to download quicktime pro to make it all work)

If We can put our phone video up to the world,

then no riot, no police abuse,

no war crime can slip away from the light of day,

and hide in the secret cellars of time.

We are then one more step closer to a global communication device

that can help create a true earthfamily,

one with no borders, no barriers, and someday,

no bombs.

HOME

What it is About

Earthfamily Principles

Earthfamilyalpha Content II

Earthfamilyalpha Content

Links

LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS

oZ note:

when I figure this out, I will put up the video.

If anyone knows what's going on, e mail me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually hate my cell phone and never use any of the wonderous things it can do. I do use it but in Deer Corn there are vast areas where there is no coverage so my roll over minutes are in the thousands now. I usaully forget to carry the thing with me most of the time. They are evil devices and bothersome at movies, ball games, and places to eat. I did have one cell phone I liked it was the size of a show box and analog and worked everywhere but I turned it off one day and that was it for the good phone.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you upload the file somewhere and let us see if we can find a way to share it easily? Is is a 3gp file? There is free software to view that, perhaps it can just be shared as a download?

9:52 AM  
Blogger oZ said...

yes it is a standard 3g2 file, and they e mail fine. just can't get the audio to upload.

I even converted it to a movie file, but the sound was still not working.

I've got a request into youtube on it.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice read!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home