Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What it is About

Last night, at my Father's Day dinner,

a really smart friend of my 30 year old son asked me,

What is your blog about ?

I responded that I have a very clear idea of what it is about.

And that, as best as I can tell,

no one else has the slightest idea whatsoever

what in the Sam Blazes earthfamilyalpha is all about.

Some have called this an environmental blog,

and it is true,

I speak of climate change and of the odd notion we have

that it is civilized to throw your trash into the air.

I marvel how we allow ourselves and our corporations to dump

chemicals

into our most precious resource,

our air

without even a tipping fee or other charge for the disposal rights.

I question why the free marketers don't attack this kind of leak in the

pricing mechanism.

They apparently want the market to work.

Their way.

Some have said that this is a solar or renewable energy blog.

And it is true, I speak of the solar hydrogen economy

and power paints and heliohydrogen.

I speak of moving away from carbon,

which is a smart thing to do,

mostly because our carbon fuels are moving away from us.

Peak Oil is definitely coming in your lifetime.

Probably by Tuesday.

Some have said that this is an anti war site.

It is a pro peace site.

The cultural myth that if you just war enough,

you will finally win peace,

is a perilous road that

leads to perdition.

Others, have wondered if this is a political blog,

which criticizes the present government for its monstrous shortcomings

because I want some other business light party to rule instead.

That may be true,

the Perfect should never become the enemy of the clearly better.

But this is no political blog.

Earthfamilyalpha simply proposes that

With the advent of advanced global communication,

new forms of social contract can be created

which transcend the geographic state.

These new cybercoops or cyberstates will bring humankind

to higher levels of cooperation and understanding.

I told my dinner guests,

that as a visionary,

you can't get too excited when no one knows

what you are talking about.

It pretty much comes with the territory.

But Still,

Try to go through your day without your country.

See yourself as a citizen of the world instead.

Try to imagine all the news you hear and read without nations.

See that we have painted ourselves into a corner here.

Try to imagine a new super ego.

Try to grasp a new psychological condition.

Try as if your life is at stake.

Because it probably is.

Begin to think about how people of conscience

can come together and form a new union,

a new invention of social contract.

a new dimension in cooperation.

An earthfamily.

That is what it is all about.



Earthfamily Principles

Earthfamilyalpha Content



*

15 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Loving said...

Reading is a good thing that might help people understand what your blog is about?

It is very hard to be a citizen of the planet when you were brought to Texas at a age 11. Texas somehow brainwashes you to be a Texan and to hell with the rest of them. We (Texas), see how it gets you had Sam Rayburn, LBJ, Ralph, Ma Furgerson, Pappy Lee O'Daniel and my favorite of all time Jake, God rest his soul.

And with the Spurs one game away from the NBA title and the Longhorns beating Tulane in the college world series. And Baylor with a winning team. And with Ricky pooh calling the Leg back for a special session it makes everything right in the world (Texas that is).

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely your best. thanks.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oz, congratulations. CHF

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent post to send out as an introduction to your blog - your vision. It is an incredible body of work. Looks like a book to me.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we truly saw the world as a living organism with all of humanity interconnected, we would not see it as our personal playground with it's resources at our disposal. We would we respect the fragile eco systems. We might not measure progress in terms of more.

We might see the diversity and beauty of other cultures as something to be treasured, not exploited. We would want every other human on this planet to have "enough" to cloth and feed their children and to take care of their sick.

We would see our oneness and act accordingly.

We would become people of conscience.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I know you have been saying the same thing over and over, but this time it rang louder and clearer.

9:25 AM  
Blogger oZ said...

I should probably add that, in fact, there are quite a few people who know what this blog is all about, and many have asked and in some case pleaded that we begin to move the marker forward and actually do this.

It just made better dinner conversation to use hyberbole.

This post is in response to some of those request.

Thank you all for your thoughtful and caring comments.

9:33 AM  
Blogger pau salmon said...

It's amusing to see how some body can make writing look like such an easy thing to do, and still be mind-clear. Keep the good-words up OZ!

10:03 AM  
Blogger polit thoughts said...

Intercourse makes community.

12:30 PM  
Blogger oZ said...

P T...is that a tautology?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Charlie Loving said...

I am the cynic.
The planet from my point of view is screwed.

When I interview Africans and those who want to help them they say that things are actually hopeless.

Palestine is hopeless and so on and so forth.

There is no real solution and now we find out that Liberals and conservatives are that way because of genetics. THe liberals will beget little liberals and the conservatives little conservatives. A new race to see which one creates the most voters?

4:02 PM  
Blogger polit thoughts said...

Not intended as a tautology. Since one of the problems this blog offers to solve is the amount of "loveless sex" out there that fails to give rise to community - the noise, the onesided blasting of words and ideas, the close-minded quest for domination. To me,intercourse - "running between" in the original Latin - will build community. And here I see it starting to grow!

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are very powerful ideas. I hope they begin to spread.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I begin each day with a cup of coffee while I peruse several Peak Oil websites for the latest information supporting my vision of the coming collapse. It helps me to resist the media matrix directing us to buy and consume. I steel myself to the coming hard rain. I've done everything that I can.
Then, for a treat, I turn to earthfamilyalpha. I can relax. I can imagine a future worth living. I can imagine a culture becoming conscious and worthy of the planet upon which it was born. I am with my family - 'tho it may be in my next life.
FreeAcre

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home