Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Earthfamilyalpha

The thesis of this blog is this.

Nation states should be more accurately called geographic states.

The state, although important, should not be the focus of our lives.

I live in a nice city, but I don't fret or get all misty eyed about it.

It provides electricity and water and sewer most of the time.

I live in a decent enough county which I am pleased to pay taxes to,

so they can build roads and bridges and jails.

I live in a school district that takes a piece of those taxes

and operates schools that hopefully educate.

And they seem to operate in a more or less satisfactory way.

I also live within a hospital district and a transportation authority.

The hopital is well run and the buses are clean.

I live in a state that has a mascot and a pretty state flower

and some football teams.

It has a legislature that is run by the lobby,

and lots of prisons and a governor with good hair.

It has some universities too.

And I live in a geographic nation state,

that has super super highways

and a military budget bigger than the next 20.

And I hope it will protect us and keep us free.

With that protection and that freedom,

I choose to identify with my spaceship.

For I am a Citizen of the Earth.

We don't have a flag.

We don't even have a capitol.

We are not taxed.

And we don't have an army,

or a King,

or a mascot,

or even an earth flower.

Who knows?

Maybe we are the flower.

I choose to be a Citizen of the Earth.

And I want a family.

an Earthfamily.

This is the basis.

of Earthfamilyalpha





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This goes against my sense of god and country. There are a lot of people out here who love their country. I doubt we are ready to see the wisdom of this thinking any time soon.

Still, it is good that in a free country with free speech, you can feel and write this way.

Blood has been spilled for these rights.
And I suspect more will be.

4:49 PM  
Blogger oZ said...

As you say, there is no question that the freedom of speech is one of our greatest rights as a people, and one that we exercise because others have sacrificed.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this really possible? Can we ban together to create a new kind of earth nation?

the thought of it, gives me hope and it gives me shivers.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came upon this. This is totally beautiful. Thank you.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home