Tuesday, August 22, 2006

When Winter Comes


*
In my job, I pretty much act as a scout.

I go out into cyberspace and beyond,

and I look deep into the landscape.

I look for tracks and for broken twigs.

I look for the signs that seem to point the way.

I look for how the wind is going to blow,

and for when the winter comes.

Will it be a big blow or will it just shake out the dead branches?

Will we respond to the real challenges that face us?

Or will we overshoot and collapse?

Can we change the way we transport ourselves?

Will gasoline be 8 dollars a gallon by Christmas?

Will the neocons get their wish and drag us into World War

or do they think that World War III is just a

viable election strategy?

They think that this is 1939 and that the Hezbollah peace is appeasement.

They think that a bunch of fundamentalist Islamic Mullahs

are Fascist, perhaps not knowing that Fascism is an unholy marriage

of big business, nationalism, and religious intolerance.

"a political system in which all power of government is vested in a person or group with no other power to balance and limit the activities of the government. Fascist governments are often closely associated with large corporations and sometimes with extreme nationalism and racist activities. Modern fascism is often called "CORPORATISM"

Will we once again focus on the important things?

Like football. And a new flatscreen. Or perhaps a new car?

I think of the fable of the ants and the grasshoppers.

And I wonder why the grasshopper doesn't just eat the ants.

I think of the light at the end of the tunnel,

and then I hear a train whistle.

I think of a light summer rain,

and then I see that the 30 somethingth day of triple digits

is most definitely making hay out of my grass

while the sunshines.

As I scout, I know that winter comes,

when the shadows grow long,

and the days begin to grow short.

I know that when winter comes,

that the time for gathering has ended.

And that the time to be prepared,

has arrived.



HOME

What it is About

Earthfamily Principles

Earthfamilyalpha Content II

Earthfamilyalpha Content

Links

LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS

art courtesy of Rita Maria

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think of a light summer rain,

and then I see that the 30 somethingth day of triple digits

is most definitely making hay out of my grass

while the sunshines."

I always enjoy your twist of the tongue.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They (us) are tired of all the violence and the crappy government but there is no leadership anywhere. The people want change but they are so dulled they just sit like slugs and let the few evil ones run the show.

The sixties unified us for a short while and then we all got video games and cell phones.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

five steps for getting us out of Iraq:

first - inform our allies that we are leaving and have them deploy their troops down to Umm Qsar where they can be shipped home

second - redeploy half our forces to create a secure the route to Umm Qsar and half to protect the Baghdad airport highway

third - move all heavy armor and munitions to Umm Qsar to send back to the USA, Qatar and Afghanistan

fourth - send all miscellaneous smaller equipment, tools, records etc. out via planes at Baghdad airport back to the USA and Afghanistan

fifth - start moving our civilians and troops out with planes and ships using these two routes, the last troops out protecting the flank until all have departed

- so what is hard to figure out about that?

oh i forgot about Halliburton and the contracted militiamen - just leave them there to fend for themselves - they have all that money they embezzled that they can use to bribe their way out on their own

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home