Monday, April 02, 2007

Line in Water



* Silhouette of my mother and sister, REZA KARIMI

Note: The poem below by Iranian poet Ali Samavati was sent to us by our friend Farideh Hasanzadeh in repsonse to my own "Prayer for the Children of the Earth."

In light of posturing by the UK, Iran, the UN and the USA this week,
how amazing would if be if someone would notice that a line in water
is imprecise at best, easier to forgive than the incineration of whole
families, cities, villages, the infrastructure of the heart and body
politic that makes us human.
—SB

Prayer
for the Children of the Earth

© Susan Bright, 2002 (an American poet)

Let us all be children,
black eyes shining, blue eyes shining,
open wide to anyone, open to each other's
strangeness.

Let us be adults who live justice, make peace,
love each other, forgive the past.
Let us pitch the seeds of war to tar,
so they can't grow.

Let our children play on safe ground.
Let us repair ourselves and our governments.

Let us forgive each other.
Let us invent peaceful communities
for a living planet.

Let us all be children.
Let us shelter one another,
grieve together, cry like rain.
Let us heal the scar that came from
every horrible thing everyone has ever done.

Let's stop retaliating. Let us all be children.
black eyes shining. Blue eyes shining.




FORGIVING!

© Ali Samavati, 2007 (an Iranian poet)

Forgiving is a true human deed
A quality for our kind indeed

There are enough reasons to forgive
The best thing to take and the best to give

We forgive to be safe and secure
To be wise, honorable, and pure

We forgive to feel the peace of mind
To sense the merit of humankind

We forgive to see the power of sacrifice
To enjoy the delicious taste of paradise

We forgive to conceive the human goal
To prove our will and refine our soul

We forgive to remain with human grace
To reject the devil’s harmful embrace

We forgive for we know that one day
We need to be forgiven, in the same way

We forgive for it is a better option to choose
For it is an achievement with nothing to loose

We are given a merciful heart, a treasure to use
When God forgives, who are we to refuse?

*Silhouette of my mother and sister - REZA KARIMI

Painted from my childhood memory, my Persian mother and sister seated at a loom, weaving a Persian carpet. As a child I would sit and watch my Mother weaving a Persian rug and I remember her hands seeming to be of a monumental size. My sister, in the distance and to the left, helping my Mother, appeared so small to me. A silhouette of my Mother's face appears on the loom. This is one of my favorite Persian paintings and memories of my Iranian childhood.

Announcement: The Plain View Press e-store has just gone online.

HOME

What it is About
Earthfamily Principles
Earthfamilyalpha Content III
Earthfamilyalpha Content II
Earthfamilyalpha Content

Links

LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

Peace Be With You
Micky

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home