Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Eagle Lands

Houston, the Eagle has landed.


The last time I was in this ancient mountain town,

I was startled the first morning by a black bird that lives

in the giant evergreen tree in the park that is across the street.

He would fly to the ledge of the large half oval window

that affords a perfect view of the great cathedral from my kitchen,

and he would beat with his beak on the window.

It was as if he worked for UPS or something.

Then, he would sit on the two by four that keeps the mighty wind

that visits here at night from blowing down the fence of garoches,

and he would just sit there until I woke up and said hello to him.

I would go to the window and say, "Hey, what's up."

I would even walk out on the terrace and try to strike up a dialogue.

He just wasn't that articulate,

or perhaps it was me.

He did this every morning during my last visit.

I mean, I know what it means when an owl is there,

But I was at a loss to get the urgency of his mission.

And then, on this trip, he came and yelled and knocked and raised hell

on the first morning of my return to La Luna.

So, I got up early that day and started going through the stuff

that I had brought with me on this trip.

First, I tried to make the wireless router work at the hotel

where I know there is a good DSL link.

So happens that things didn't plug and play out of the box,

and we had to get the hotel's problems straightened up first.

If it hadn't been for my Pal who somehow pinged and ponged his way,

It would have been a standard "we don't know why" day.

But somehow, things started shaking hands and talking on their own.

By last night, we had lit up the router and the wireless,

and we hung the directional antenna that I bought from Fry's

on the top floor on a stove pipe with a coat hanger.

We carefully pointed it across the roof of the Super Mini,

across the top of the bathroom of the Chatta Esquina,

across the Park of the laughing children and the 1888 iron work,

and into the same kitchen window of La Luna

that the weird black bird had been rapping on.

Last night, the signal was strong enough to celebrate.

And so I bought a new Huichole String drawing

from the two Huicholes from Zacatecas.

It has snakes and lightning coming down from heaven.

This morning, I have settled into an 11MB stream and two bars.

It was all much more of a milagro than you might imagine.

My loud rapping chattering black bird friend did not come today.

I guess he figured out that I got the message.

Now his friend, the eagle, comes in as he pleases.

And the mystery marches

deep in the strong lands.

Even as the lunacy grows,

in those we need to be wise.


Here is Jon Stewart with more evidence.


Earthfamily Principles

Earthfamilyalpha Content

What it is About

Links

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very mystical post. snakes and lightning from heaven.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some days we are just lucky.
El Gringo

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well at least the Hurricane doesn't do much that far inland, or maybe its the altiude and the tunnel that saves you.

El Patron

6:46 PM  
Blogger oZ said...

The tropical storm that was headed this way seems to have turned into a nice light cool rain here. The dense overcast and fog almost hides the bell tower from my view. The town is quiet. Mystery enshrouds the whole town. The bell strikes eleven as I write.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Stewart piece is really funny

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Mystery seems to be fully co-creating with you. It was nothing short of magic that you achieved your techno goals so quickly. Exciting. There is always much to be grateful for.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home