Sunday, October 09, 2005

Going Forward


Since this is John Lennon's birthday, you might want to listen to a special about his life this morning. It's called John Ono Lennon.

It's a memorial and celebration from Hearing Voices and hosted by NPR's Lynn Neary. It includes:

"All We Are Saying" by Barrett Golding -- Lennon in his own words and music about peace, family, and art, and

"The Day John Lennon Died" by Paul Ingles, and

"Where did you hear the news?. "NYC/LA Radio 12/8/1980" & "20th Anniversary Mourners 12/8/2000" found-sound from The Professor (WFMU). This piece was recorded by the radio dial the night of Lennon's death.

Join KUT for "John Ono Lennon" this Sunday morning at 11 or listen with the provided links on your own time.

Meanwhile, here is Bill Maher with some very good new rules.

And here is Jon Stewart on the POTUS's 9/11 emergency call.

And here is a left/right debate that looks more like Saturday Night Live.

And here is a strong Bill Moyer piece on Caring for the Creation.

Speaking of strong, here is Al Gore on the Threat to Democracy.

Remarks by Al Gore
as prepared by the Associated Press
The Media Center
October 5, 2005

"I came here today because I believe that American democracy is in grave danger. It is no longer possible to ignore the strangeness of our public discourse . I know that I am not the only one who feels that something has gone basically and badly wrong in the way America's fabled "marketplace of ideas" now functions.

How many of you, I wonder, have heard a friend or a family member in the last few years remark that it's almost as if America has entered " an alternate universe"?

I thought maybe it was an aberration when three-quarters of Americans said they believed that Saddam Hussein was responsible for attacking us on September 11, 2001. But more than four years later, between a third and a half still believe Saddam was personally responsible for planning and supporting the attack.
read on

How?

How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?
How can I go forward when I don't know which way to turn?
How can I go forward into something I'm not sure of?
Oh no, oh no

How can I have feeling when I don't know if it's a feeling?
How can I feel something if I just don't know how to feel?
How can I have feelings when my feelings have always been denied?
Oh no, oh no

You know life can be long
And you got to be so strong
And the world is so tough
Sometimes I feel I've had enough

How can I give love when I don't know what it is I'm giving?
How can I give love when I just don't know how to give?
How can I give love when love is something I ain't never had?
Oh no, oh no

You know life can be long
You've got to be so strong
And the world she is tough
Sometimes I feel I've had enough

How can we go forward when we don't know which way we're facing?
How can we go forward when we don't know which way to turn?
How can we go forward into something we're not sure of?
Oh no, oh no

John Lennon

Home

What it is About

Earthfamily Principles

Earthfamilyalpha Content

Links

LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. going forward by looking back. very nice.

9:27 AM  
Blogger oZ said...

comments not working on above post right now.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home