Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Smart Bomb


I rolled over and tried to go back into the dream, but something, a flash, had taken me out of my dreamland.

“What was that?”

“What?”

“That flash of light. It was like a lightning bolt, but I didn’t hear any thunder.”

Janelle opened her eyes slowly and then closed them again.

"What time is it?", she said in that voice that I will always love.

“I don’t know.”

I looked at the clock. It was flashing. Apparently the electricity had gone off for just a moment. That probably explained the flash. A transformer must have blown up. But then, if it had blown up, the electricity would not have gone immediately back on.

“It’s five.”

“Go back to sleep.”

Janelle was gone again. I tried to go back to sleep too, but there was too much energy in the air. I laid in the bed. I could feel something. There was a little tingle in my spine. In my head, I could feel a sensation. It was like a sparkling in my brain. There were little lights now.

I watched them as they played in my mind’s eye. They would come together and then dance apart. At first they were white, then colored ones came in. Then, they would come in from the corners, and come to the center and then they would move around each other like two planets locked in each others orbit.

As the little stars of light continued to play on the stage of my mind's eye, I began to hear a humming. It was barely audible, but I could feel it deep in the back of my head, where the spine connects to the brain.

It rose up from there and began to find a place more in the center, but somewhere toward the back of the skull. It was not really a sound, it was more like a vibration. It was pleasant, but I’m not sure why.

I went in and out of sleep the rest of the morning, sometimes dreaming, but most of the time, I was just watching and listening to the play of light. It was hypnotizing. It was like an opera without the fat people.

The morning came, and it was beautiful. No, it was remarkable.

I don’t recall ever seeing a sunrise quite so splendid. The colors ranged from glorious pinks and oranges to deep turquoise. Since Venus was in the morning sky, I could see it until just before the sun hit the horizon.

Janelle got up and walked down the hallway.

She has always been beautiful, but somehow today she looked like she had lost 10 years of age. If sex appeal is quantifiable, hers was off the chart, and she hadn’t even rubbed the sleep out of eyes.

I looked out of the window, past the tops of the houses in the valley, and off into the hills. Somehow our little part of the world looked pretty good to my eyes. A fine mist was rising from the moisture in the trees. It gave the rays of the sun a medium to show their splendour.

It was All Saints Day.

My computator was bringing in the days news.

I can select any kind of interface I want to hear, or see, or just read.

If I want to hear it, I can select the voice and the accent.

For some reason, I had chosen the voice of Walter Cronkite to read the news to me while I started the water for the shower.

Authorities report that a flash of light was seen this morning at about 5 AM. The flash was seen all over the world. Even in China, where it is now 5 PM, there was a discernable brief increase of light. Clocks all over the globe are blinking from an apparent momentary disruption in power supply.

The report went on.

Authorities at the Navel Observatory are reporting that the Atomic Clock that is used to accurately mark time has experienced an unprecedented loss of an instant.

As the day progressed, a host of remarkable things began to occur.

Brit Hume at Fox News abruptly veered from his prepared talking points and suddenly began speaking about the need to bring all of our troops home. He looked deep into the camera and seemed for the first time, at least to me, to be almost human.

Old Greybeard at CNN was interviewing Scotty and he suddenly decided to ask him how he could possibly say that the President wanted to get to the bottom of the spy case, when all he really had to do was ask the perpetrators on his staff to turn in their resignations.

Scotty didn’t have an answer,

Then, Scotty said,

Your right, it’s not plausible is it?

I feel like an idiot reciting this stuff
.”

By noon, the Congress had convened an emergency session.

The purpose?

Every member had simultaneously decided that Climate Change must be addressed now. Most were talking about bringing the troops home and using that money to develop new, highly advanced forms of energy that would make oil and gas and coal, as well as nuclear, totally passé.

By the late afternoon, the Supreme Court announced that Roe v Wade was sacrosanct. They declared the Patriot Act unconstitutional.

By that evening the president made a speech that would become the basis of the recovery of the world from our darkest of times.

Everything changed. In a twinkling.

Astronomers at the National Observatory said the flash came from the center of the Galaxy, but they had no idea what it was or how it was generated.

They just knew that it was effective.

It was a smart bomb.



Home

What it is About

Earthfamily Principles

Earthfamilyalpha Content

Links

LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why, but I enjoyed reading this. Perhaps it was just the joy of hope.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Step Back said...

And then the prez realized the bird flu may fry his ass too?

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Step Back said...

Yee hah
It's another wonderful
Panic-deux-moment day at the WhiteHouse corral
Yah all come by and visit

We got them Dem Dummies rounded up now for sure

Scooter Libby who?
Harriet Miers who?
Tom Delay who?
Inside trading Frisk who?
Valerie Plame the Flame who?

Hoo Hoo
You old owls forget so quickly
Ain't it wonderful?

We are bird brains

8:57 AM  
Blogger oZ said...

dems did do the senate dance in a clear sign of a potential pulse in their otherwise limp body.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a chuckle out of "It was like an opera without the fat people." It nice to get out the "troubles" once in awhile.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really had me going on this one Oz.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home