Friday, April 28, 2006

As a Stone


*
Yesterday I was traveling through the magic forest of Joshua Trees.

The Sun was sitting above the large mountains to my right.

In front of me and to my left was a Tormenta.

Soon, giant drops began to rain down on my car,

and as they hit, they exploded in the bright sun light.

I looked to my left,

and saw a vivid and complete rainbow that moved with me

as I barrelled ahead to my destination some 9000 feet in the mountains.

As the rain grew in strength,

it was suddenly replaced by large balls of ice, granizo.

These white balls of ice pummeled my windshield and hood

in the blinding light of the sun, turning my view into a bright,

ear deafening extravagant example of the natural wonder around us.

For a moment, I thought the windshield might explode,

or that I should turn back, or something.

That thought diminished as did the tormenta.

When I arrived at my mountain home,

I thanked the travel gods and opened up the

Tao Te Ching.

In harmony with the Tao,
The sky is clear and spacious,
the earth is solid and full,
all creatures flourish together,
content with the way they are,
endlessly repeating themselves
endlessly renewed.

When man interferes with the Tao,
the sky becomes filthy,
the earth becomes depleted,
the equilibrium crumbles,
creatures become extinct.

The Master views the part with compassion,
because he understands the whole.
His contant practice is humility.
He doesn't glitter like a jewel
but lets himself be shaped by the Tao,
as rugged and common
as a stone.

Home

What it is About

Earthfamily Principles

Earthfamilyalpha Content II

Earthfamilyalpha Content

Links

LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS

*photoart courtesy of John Fielder

Tao Te Ching new version by Stephen Mitchell

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice - the Biker Priest rears his head and speaks forth.

We have squandered and trampled the gift and we will pay. We are paying.

I love it when I get to experience that part of you. Thanks.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely l o v e d it!!!
.
This one became my instant mantra chant.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home