Friday, February 22, 2008

Eleven Eleven


This is the 1,111th post on earthfamilyalpha.

Yesterday, instead of doing my normal exercise routine, I decided I would run around the lake instead. It was a beautiful, crisp late winter afternoon, and I was working out early because the big debate was in town.

I ran all the way down the path on the North Side and then I crossed over at the jillion dollar pedestrian walk-way where I began running along the side south of the lake thinking I might take a peek at the new park that was just completed.

I decided to stay on the path instead. As I passed the statue of our local blues legend, I looked up out of my runners high and I saw a few people gathering around a tall thin man. There were some suits around too.

It was Barack.

I began to deaccelerate as I approached the small gaggle around him. I looked up at the secret service, making what eye contact you can, and continued to jog forward. I jogged right up, stopped, he stuck out his hand, and right there, I suspect I shook the hand of the next president.

"Good Luck" I said. "Your're going to win Texas."

"Think so?"

"'Oh yeah. "

"Well, don't let me interrupt your run."

I took off running again.

In a few minutes, I was close to the Hotel where Obama was staying. There were police lines and barricades and folks crammed in behind them. I wanted to tell them as I jogged by that Obama was about 200 yards down on the path, but it just didn't seem like the right thing to do. He was obviously getting some fresh air before the debate.

I ran down to Congress Street and crossed over the bridge. I was kind of laughing to myself. Sometimes I get lucky like that, especially when I'm operating in the soul field and getting out of my routine.

I thought, well now I guess I'll run into Hillary.

I got back to the gym, steamed, and showered.

As the elevator doors opened to the main lobby, the air was thick. All of the Hotel brass were standing around attentively. Black suits with ear pieces were everywhere. And in minutes, Hillary and her entourage filed through.

"Good Luck", I said.

She looked back and said, "Thank You."

They were the only words spoken in the Lobby.

Outside, there were no big crowds, just big cars and SUVs. As they filed past me and jumped into their cavalcade, I felt a sense, perhaps a tinge of sadness. It felt a little like we were honoring the family of the deceased at a funeral. Hillary looked good in her black outfit with gold trim, making her look just a little like a military man.

As the commotion cleared, the door man brought up my Chevy Impala.

I jumped in and headed to the debate party we had hastily put together earlier in the day.

Hillary was at her best last night right at the end.

Because for her,

It is.

The Obama rally at the Capital opens its doors about six.

Program starts at nine.

I'll be there.

Maybe We'll Change the World.

HOME
.
What it is About
Earthfamily Principles
.
Earthfamilyalpha Content III
Earthfamilyalpha Content II
Earthfamilyalpha Content
.
Links
.
LANGUAGE TRANSLATIONS

oz note:

the rally was great.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was pretty cool, Oz, running up to Barack. When I heard him speak for the first time, about a year ago,(I just happened to turn on the t.v.) I got this very deep understanding that I was witnessing history in the making, and that I was hearing the next NEW President of this United States. I got goose bumps, along with this understanding!

Goodness, you are quite the keepin' in shape guy!
Tina

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes we have......gratitude. Yes we have..... it all.
dan

7:51 PM  
Blogger Glycotech said...

good work, Oz, running into them both on debate day, and yes, we honor her in her passing.
We are the change we want.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy when you take the time to share those things
- also the notion that if you stay in your"soul field"something unusual will occur.

I can't help but comment when the biker priest rears his head. Glad that he is alive and well.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love it. MW

10:39 AM  
Blogger oZ said...

So did I.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home