Friday, March 25, 2005

The Raconteur

I spent the day telling stories.

I started talking about the upcoming War,

and that I write this blog so I can sleep at night.

Then, I went on to Peak Oil.

Then, we talked about yesterday's Nuclear Story,

And the relationship of Nuclear Power

to Nuclear proliferation.

Then, I shared a tale about a really personal

thing that was a really big deal,

And how that sometimes trying to do the right thing,

causes another unexpected good thing to happen,

but not the thing that was planned.

I told story after story after story.

There were the stories of when I did this concert

or produced that album, or that documentary.

There were the stories of when I started

the first Wind Park and made the speech that started more,

and how I often plant seeds that may come up many years later.

There were the legislative victory stories.

There was the story of how each of us are ruled

by our different ego states of our personality,

and how the five year old in me,

may be the most immature,

but he has seniority on the committee,

where the most mature ego state in me,

is a freshman on the board.

There was the story about climbing down the Great Stonewall cliff,

when the ledge broke off,

and I became a Wiley Coyote cartoon,

crashing to the ground only to pop-up unharmed.

I followed that up with how that experience taught me

that sometimes unexpected stuff happens when you are on the edge.

There was the story of my daughter,

and the strange man in Los Angeles,

who chopped into her apartment wall with a hatchet,

and began to throw paper balls through the hole,

like the second act of a Stephen King movie.

And there was the story about the strange little revolution

in my Pueblo in Mexico and how the Mexican Constitution

states that when you take over the city hall with protesters,

the Mayor cannot use force to remove you,

and that the Governor must be called in to settle the issue.

My friend said that one was the best.

Later on, I played the piano and sang a song or two.

Perhaps 10 years ago,

an activist friend from New Orleans

introduced me to his friends as a

Raconteur.

I had to go home and look it up.

My friend today had to go home and get some rest.

I didn't even have time to talk about the

Earthfamily.

Sheesh.



*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My five year old tried to abolish the committee, so I made him a chairman emeritus and elected a new chairman with no seniority and high experience and wisdom.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a very very funny post.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home